Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Thursday, February 15, 2024

All Kinds of Falls




Often when we speak of falls in my area, we are talking about waterfalls. 
But today my subject is not waterfalls. 

I got up off my bed where I had been sitting trying to find Bill Gates' podcast on my IPad. I took two steps and felt I had tripped on something. I could feel myself falling forward. With my IPad in my right hand, I evidently reached out with my left hand. It happened very quickly. I found myself lying face-forward my left hand above me and excruciating pain emanating from the left side of my body. I knew I had a bad injury.

I was taken to an emergency room where I spent two hours in a sling with no help for the pain. I was diagnosed with a broken shoulder. At 2:00 AM we were dismissed.

I was told I might require surgery. Three days later, an orthopedic surgeon said the quickest recovery and to shorten the pain he recommended a shoulder replacement.

And here I am sleeping in short bursts day and night, needing round-the-clock care, and preparing for an operation. i am so very grateful I was here in the home of my sister and BIL.  

I had some falls over the past few years but was never badly hurt. But this one hurts enough for all of the others. You never know when this might happen. 


Be careful!  

3 comments:

  1. Oh Glenda! I hear you. Falling and I have become acquainted the last few years. I am so glad you are with your dear sister and BIL. I pray for a quick fix and recovery, my friend! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on my mind, Glenda. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.