Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Friday, October 20, 2023

When I was Hopeful

Tonight I am reposting what I wrote on November 8, 2012. It was a time when I was very hopeful for our country and the world. 

Now, when I grow worried by the news reports and hear my friends talk about the horrible state of our world today, I go on YouTube and listen to Jon Meacham talk about our history and I realize the good old days were not always good and we have faced many divisive moments in our history but good people prevailed eventually. He quotes someone who said, "Our government always does the right thing after they have exhausted everything else." 

I hope the House of Representatives can do the right thing soon. Seems they have tried everything else.

This is the link to my Nov 8 2012 blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.