Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Betty Jamerson Reed, author from western North Carolina

Today I want to introduce my readers to Betty Jamerson Reed, writer, who lives here in the Appalachian Mountains of western North Carolina. Betty is 83 years old, but is living a full life as a writer and is involved in several organizations. She has long been a member of NCWriters' Network and NCWN-West, the mountain program of the Network. 

Read an interview with Betty on this site.  See Betty's picture and read her bio here.

Betty's new book Soldiers in Petticoats is a biographical account of three women of accomplishment: Sophia Sawyer (1792-1854), a teacher in the Cherokee Nation; Emily Prudden (1832-1817), a teacher of black and white Appalachian youngsters; and Martha Berry (1866-1942) who taught white mountain children.
Click on Betty's website to learn more:  www.bettyjamersonreed.com

Find Betty's book here. on Amazon.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information about Betty. I'll go look at her book on Amazon. I'm always looking for something new to read these days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DJan, thanks for checking out Betty's book. So many good books are overlooked because they are not pubished by one of the five big Publishers in NY.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.