Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Saturday, October 10, 2020

Your Daily Poem accepts Carroll Taylor's Poem


Today I am happy for my friend and volunteer PC assistant, Carroll Taylor, whose poem was recently published in an online journal, Your Daily Poem. Click on the link below to read this short poem.

Jayne Jaudon Ferrer is owner and editor of Your Daily Poem. She and I have been friends for many years. Jayne is also a poet. I enjoy reading and giving copies of Jayne's books as gifts. They are hard copy, traditionally published books. You can find them on her website.

Jayne Jaudon Ferrer


She began this online journal so that people who  had to read poetry in school and found it boring and complicated can see that poetry can be fun, touching and inspiring, She makes sure the poetry on her site makes you feel something. She does not want readers to be left wondering what the poet was trying to say.

Jayne says this about Your Daily Poem.
"This site exists for one purpose only: to help dispel the ugly myth that poetry is boring. Granted, a lot of poetry is boring, but you won't find it here. At Your Daily Poem, you'll find poetry that is touching, funny, provocative, inspiring, and surprising. It may punch you in the gut, it may bring tears to your eyes, it may make you laugh out loud, but it most assuredly will not bore you."

I and other poets from my region have poems published on the site. Go to the Authors list and put in the name of a published poet and see if he/she is in Your Daily Poem Archives. I am proud to be there.





5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Carroll. I love her poem. I have quite a few years - and my greedy self hopes for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have quite a few years, EC, and I hope to have many more.2020 makes me wonder have many I will have, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the poem yet, but I always enjoy those places you direct me towards. Congratulations to Carroll. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your friend. I will check out the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DJan and Marie, thanks for your comments and I know you will enjoy Carroll's poem.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.