Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Friday, May 15, 2020

A man who knows fish, not fishing but fish, and writes about them


FISHES OF ARKANSAS, 2ND EDITION                                            

My cousin Henry W. Robison, Ph.D in Zoology, is co-author of Fishes of Arkansas, Second Edition. I call him Rob and when he was a kid, he was called Robbie. Rob follows this blog.

He is currently retired from Southern Arkansas University/Magnolia after 37 years of teaching and research, but has worked on this book for over a decade. Rob is highly respected in his field and has many species named for him which is quite an honor. I am so proud of him and his achievements. He grew up a military kid who lost his father before he was even born. But his mother loved him and supported him in all his endeavors. He was fortunate to have a good stepfather, too.

Rob said he has been interested in fish since he was a child and was given his first gold fish. You never know what will spark something in a child that will become a major part of his life. Like most of the Robisons, my mother's family, he is fun to be with and talk with. He adored my mother. He said she always gave the best hugs when he was a kid. Her hugs made him feel she really loved him, and I know she did.

Find out more about the life of Henry W. Robison here.

2 comments:

  1. Huge congratulations to your cousin.
    The writing gene runs in your family - and I suspect the hugging gene does too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a good book, written by a very knowledgeable person! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.