Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Thursday, September 24, 2026

Terry Kay, raised a country boy, became a major writer in his lifetime

This is one of my favorite pictures. Georgia author Terry Kay is signing a book for me. I didn't know him then. I believe he was appearing at an event at Young Harris College. Many years later, I met Terry and found him to be down-to-earth, generous, and kind. I read his books, saw movies based on them, and felt like I knew him before I actually did. 
I enjoyed his stories about another of my favorite writers, Pat Conroy, who was a friend of his. 

Glenda sitting at Pat Conroy's desk


Terry Kay (1938–2020) was an acclaimed American author whose novels often explored life in the American South. His most famous book, To Dance with the White Dog, became a Hallmark Hall of Fame film and sold over two million copies in Japan.
Read more about him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.