Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Thursday, April 22, 2021

A new class begins and I take a fall

Next Tuesday will be my second class on Zoom for the spring session. 




A writing Class I taught some years ago

I am grateful for all the people I have met and still communicate with years later. After taking writing classes at the John C. Campbell Folk School and then teaching there, my contact list is brimming with names of men and women who are dear to me. At Tri-County Community College, which is near where I live, I met locals who want to learn the best way to write and share their stories. From 1996 until a couple of years ago, TCCC was a big part of my life. The pandemic shut down our Community classes there as well as any face-to-face classes. Although I miss those days, I like my Zoom classes. I enjoy teaching a man who lives in South Dakota and learning about his life. One of my students in the present class lives far away from where I live, but still, she is in North Carolina.

This has been a difficult week for me with a home accident that slowed me down a bit. I will have ex-rays on Friday to see if I have a fracture, but I have rested and used heat and cold so I feel sure I will be doing better soon.

The weather has been sunny and beautiful, but today was cold and we will have freezing temps this week at night. I guess it is just as well that I can't go shopping for plants and flowers. Far too soon, I'm told. Spring fooled me again.  I think I will wait to start my deck garden until after Mother's Day.

If you like poetry, visit our Netwest Writers to read good poetry by poets who are my friends and fellow writers here in the mountains.

Have a good week and thanks for reading my posts. I love to hear from you.


6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that you fell and hope that the x-rays are clear. Take care of your important self dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are okay after a fall. As we get older, they become more dangerous. It sounds like you are taking things easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll visit the poets!

    Hope X-rays confirm all is well. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news! I have no fracture and am getting better every day. With TLC from my sister, Gay, I am healing and feeling fine.
    Although this has slowed me down quite a bit, I feel I will be able to get back to my old routines soon. As I like to do, I learned something new. I learned what disabled people who have to use a walker and a wheelchair must accept and how they must live. It is frustrating and makes me irritable, but I know there is an end to this situation. How hard it must be for someone who doesn't have that light at the end. Thanks for all your good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glenda,
    I'm so sorry you fell. I'm glad you didn't have any fractures. It's great that your sister has been there to care for you. I wish you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Brenda Kay. I have a great sister and I am doing fine now.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.