Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Fall has finally hit the south, and I love it!!

Cooler nights and mornings, and seventies during the day improve my mood considerably. Lexie and I can walk, I can sit on my deck and breathe in the cool fresh air. 




Halloween decorations are everywhere and some are totally ridiculous, but this colorful entrance is nice to look at. I would not want that in front of my door, however.
Barry and I always vacationed in the mountains in the fall. This is a picture of him at one of
our rentals. Great memories for me.

We are not having this color yet, but hope we will before long.
This is my back yard last fall.


Stu and Barry enjoyed riding bicycles at Cades Cove, a beautiful place in fall.

I hope you are having good weather and that you can get out and enjoy it. I plan to spend more time outdoors in the coming weeks. 

What is your favorite time of year? 

7 comments:

  1. Some truly precious memories in those photos...
    I like all the seasons except summer. Autumn is SUCH a relief after the sweaty season, and the arboreal fireworks are a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite time of the year: the colors, the clear cool air, and... the rain. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're enjoying the fall weather and colors. Actually, my favorite season is summer because of warmer weather and happy memories of summertime childhood activities. Of course, I don't like it too hot, but 80's are good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, EC, I really don't like summer. And Autumn can't come soon enough. We will actually be in the thirties tonight. I love it! Soon, I will want to drive out in the mountains and see all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DJan, We had some rain, but not nearly enough. I hear we might not get much rain until December! Well, the lack of rain might prolong the colors of fall. The leaves will remain on the trees longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abbie, I might like summer out there where you live in the west. But here in the south, it is so, so hot and I can't take the heat like I did when I was younger.
    I have even had to turn on the heat for a short time, but I like it so much better than the hot weather. Do you have pretty autumn colors in Wyoming?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, we have plenty of fall colors. Our summers also get hot, but at least it's a dry heat as opposed to the humidity people in the south get along with hot temperatures. A few people I know spend their summers here and their winters in the south.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.