Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Monday, December 12, 2016

Cousins are coming

I am excited that in May of 2017, my cousins, Rob Robison and Joy Dent, are coming to visit. Rob lives in Arkansas and Joy lives outside Nashville, TN.

You might know Joy as Darcy Flynn, the romance writer. She has published a number of popular romance novels. Visit her on Twitter here


Although Rob and I met years ago, it was genealogy that brought us back into each others lives in the past few years. He is interested in his Robison line which is the same as mine. He made two trips to southwest Georgia to family reunions. 

He has published a number of nonfiction books on fish and marine life and many, many papers on his research at the University of Arkansas. He has a PhD and taught at the University in Magnolia Arkansas for 37 years before retiring in 2008. Like many of us, however, he is still at work and recently had a new form of crayfish named for him. He is as passionate about his interest in science as I am about writing and poetry. 

Rob and I have become E-mail pen pals. I find him so very easy to talk to and he has the same outgoing personality as my mother, Lois Robison Council.

When Rob and Joy come to my house, we plan to look at all my years of research on the Robison family. I will share with them anything I have and we will have fun talking about our family histories.

Meantime, I am trying to bring some Christmas cheer into my house with a tree and lights on the deck. I hope your Christmas will be as wonderful as you expect and want it to be. Thank you for reading my blog posts and especially for your comments and e-mails. Remember you can reach me at gcbmountaingirl@gmail.com 

Take a few minutes to read my latest post at www.glendacouncilbeall.com 

3 comments:

  1. How lovely to have cousins to relate to - spiritually and intellectually as well as the blood ties.
    I hope (and expect) that the visit is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like it will be a wonderful visit. I am amazed at how many people are interested in genealogy these days. Nice to know it's brought you together with other people you would otherwise not have discovered. Thank you for your uplifting post. I know you'll find that Christmas cheer tucked away somewhere. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, DJan and EC for your comments. I know my cousins coming will be lots of fun. Yes, DJan, genealogy is fun and as family historian I began many years ago before my mother died to learn more about my ancestors. It is like a huge puzzle and you never know what you might discover next.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.