Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Post from 2009 by Kathryn Byer

Tonight while searching through the Archives of our Netwest blog, I came across this lovely post by then Poet Laureate of NC, Kathryn Stripling Byer. I want to share it because some of you did not know me then.


So much has changed in my life since July, 2009, and continues to change rapidly. Many losses of family members. 

But I have been lucky to meet and know you, my readers, and I've been fortunate to meet interesting  people through my writing studio and travel for writing events. 

That is life, isn't it? Each day brings something new and we hope for more good days than bad. We hope when the phone rings it will be good news, not bad. We hope we can make and keep our plans for the week. But we never know.

2 comments:

  1. It's so true, we never know what the day will bring. It's wonderful that you have brought so much joy into the lives of people through your writing, poetry, and "Writer's Circle," Glenda. We are all better persons for knowing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, what a nice thing to say! I do appreciate you. Love your blogs, also, and look forward to your reading your poetry in April, poetry month, at Coffee with the Poets.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.