Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Most of my friends in Hayesville and surrounding area know about Rebecca. She is the young woman, a former writing student, who came to live with me this past winter. It was a delightful time for me and she says she enjoyed being here.
Now is the time for her next adventure. She will soon be walking the Camino in Spain. That is a 500 mile trek over the Pyrennes Mountains. She has been walking and walking, getting in shape for this strenuous trip.
Rebecca has a blog, https://renaissancerebecca.wordpress.com/and she has posted of many of her experiences this past year.
She has now been offered a paycheck from a widely read website if she will post about her experiences on the Camino. 
This takes me back to 2007 when I first learned about blogging in a class at the NCWN fall conference. On the stage was a man who set up a blog in order to let his mother follow his travels through India. Little did he know that his travels were also being followed by a publisher who would eventually buy the rights to these posts and publish them in a travel book.

I hope that Rebecca's deal will work out even better for her. To follow her blog, click on  https://renaissancerebecca.wordpress.com/
She is a woman of perseverance, courage, and adventure. I can't wait  to read her blog to see how she is handling the trip.
Put her blog on your favorite sites and follow her through her travels this year.

3 comments:

  1. I saw the movie "The Way" and loved it. It's a story about four people on the Camino and how it changed them. I'll go and visit Rebecca's website. Thank you for alerting me to her adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Djan, I read about a movie with Martin Sheen and the Camino. Is this the same one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for introducing me to Rebecca's blog, I've signed up! Another exciting and interesting life to follow:)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.