Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blue Ridge Bookfest and Social Media class

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.
                                                   ------- Helen Keller

Written May 12, 2011


Today is another busy day as I prepare for the Blue Ridge Bookfest in Hendersonville on may 20, 21 and a class here at Writers Circle.

We welcome our guests to the studio with fresh coffee and hot tea, plus delicious breads or muffins. What is there about gathering around a table with food and drink that brings us closer in mind and spirit?

Paul Donovan, one of our instructors says there is a warmth and a casual feeling here that is not present in a sterile classroom atmosphere. That is what I had hoped for when I decided to hold classes in my home. Writers circle around our table and that is where the name of my studio came from - circle is used as a verb.

Look for us at the Blue Ridge Bookfest at Flat Rock Community College. I hope I will meet some of the readers of my blogs, and meet new writers and poets there. I have been coordinating our writers from my area with Bill Ramsey's team for rooms and transportation.

Members of NCWN West will hold a panel discussion on writing and publishing, Voices of Echoes Across the Blue Ridge,  on Saturday, May 21 at 11:15 AM.
Look for us on your program. Bring your questions as we hope to have time for a Q and  A at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.