Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Writing conference pushed me to begin a new writing project.

I attended an online writing conference this past week.
Read about my experience and what I learned here.

I was motivated and inspired by the smart women I heard speak. I have begun to tell my mother's story. She was the glue that held our family together. We took her for granted and even I, who was so close to her, have found it hard to write about her. I want her descendants to know her story. 

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful to find inspiration from a conference.
    I suspect that many of our mothers have tales well worth telling, tales that they themselves would have dismissed as of little interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How blessed we are to have had good mother’s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EC and Marie
    Our parents have some great stories, but we have to dig for them if we have not heard them from their mouths.
    I want to show the loving, happy and caring person she was, but also show her heartbreak, what she was denied because she was a woman in the first half of the 20th century. I want to show how she brought joy to others, was generous to her family and to the women who helped out at our house. I hope to convey her parenting skills, so different from my father's,
    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't online writing conferences great? I like them better than in-person conferences. I hope, especially for your sake, that organazations continue to hold them, even after the pandemic has passed. I'm glad you were inspired. Good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.