Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Vagabonde's blog is one of my favorites

I follow some favorite bloggers and today I want to send you to this blog post Recollections of a  Vagabonde, a post so sweet and touching it brought me to tears. She is a wonderful photographer and an excellent writer. I relate to her blog and so do many others my age.

In one of the pictures on this post, she shows the round off a tree that she saved. That was what I had wanted from the 300-year-old oak tree beside the house where I grew up. But I was not there and the folks taking down the tree did not understand what or why I wanted that round so the tree was burned and I did not get a piece of the beloved old friend.

I wrote a poem about that tree and I'll share it on my next post.


4 comments:

  1. I read that post back when she posted it but thanks to your link, I went back and read it again. Vagabonde is one of my favorite bloggers, too. So many of us feel like family to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is indeed a wonderful blogger. Skilled, and full of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DJan, I think of my blogger friends as family also. I found Vagabonde when she bought my poetry book down in Atlanta and then asked me if she could use one of my poems on her blog.
    I was delighted when I saw her blog and so honored she used my poem. She is a very special woman, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EC, She is a great blogger and very skilled. Her posts are like travel pieces for a travel magazine, but much better because she gets personal in her blog posts. She has taught me so much about France and about my own country. I love to learn. You and DJan have also taught me about things I didn't know. With you, I have traveled to Australia many times and I just love it there!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.