Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Sunday, June 16, 2019

FATHER'S DAY remembered

Today is Father's Day. Mine has been gone since 1988, but his legacy lives on in his grandchildren and his great grandchildren.


Coy Council in 1920s. Photo clipped from a group picture of his baseball team. He loved playing baseball and, years later, watching it on television.


My father and mother holding baby son, Ray Council, their second child, in 1926.

I am re-blogging a post from years ago. Click on this link to read more.

https://profilesandpedigrees.blogspot.com/2009/06/fathers-day.html
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. We didn't celebrate either Mother's or Father's Day. My parents said that if you neglected your parents one day wasn't enough to make it better. I suspect that like your father he didn't like the fuss. And like your father found it difficult to show his pride in his children. Both this post, and the one you reposted are fine tributes to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your father with me this sunny Sunday morning. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.