Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Ten Favorite Books Blogger Challenge is complete

I was invited by blogger, Abbie Taylor, to participate in My Ten Favorite Books Blog Challenge. i will now invite three bloggers to participate. I don't usually participate in such things, but Abbie is my friend, and it was kind of fun to look back.
My 10 Favorite Books are:

  1. The Black Stallion by Walter Farley
  2. The Black Stallion Returns by Walter Farley
  3. My Friend Flicka by Mary O'Hara
  4. Little Women by Louisa Mae Alcott
  5. The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings
  6. Hotel by Arthur Haley
  7. To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
  8. Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann 
  9. Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
  10. A Girl Named Zippy by Haven Kimmel
I chose books from different eras of my life. The books about horses were from my childhood. Little Women and The Yearling were favorite books from my early teens. Hotel and To Kill a Mocking Bird were from young adult years and the Valley of the Dolls I read as a young married woman. The last two are books I can't forget from recent years.

If I had room for one more it would be Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. 

I invite Brenda Kay Ledford, Joy Griffin Dent  and Joan Gage to take this challenge.

Here are the rules for this CHALLENGE:

1._ Think about those books you enjoyed over a lifetime of reading. It is not easy to do because you have to whittle your list down to only TEN books! Write them down – make a list of 10.

2._ When you complete your list, post it on your blog.

3._ Send a link to your blog post to 3 friends and Invite your 3 friends who love books to take the challenge. List the 3 friends you are inviting at the end of your blog post.

4._ Ask your 3 friends to send you a link to their blog post so you can enjoy seeing their 10 favorite books, too.

6._ Your 3 friends will invite 3 of their friends to continue on with the challenge.

8 comments:

  1. So many of your favorite books were also mine! I don't participate in these any more, but I still enjoy hearing about other people's favorite books. Right now I'm reading "Fear" by Bob Woodward. Sigh. It won't be a favorite book, but it's well written and reads like a thriller. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Glenda, I just re-blogged your post at https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com/2018/09/27/re-blog-ten-favorite-book-blogger-challenge-is-complete/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also loved the horse stories as a child - so beautiful.
    I enjoyed reading your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, DJan, for your comment. We are close in age and I'm not surprised we liked the same books. I plan to read Fear but I can't get into it yet. So many books I want to read, but can't seem to get all I want done in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abbie, I need to learn how to "re-blog" as you do. When I started out with blogging I learned you can't copy another blogger's work for your blog post. Guess I am behind times.
    I enjoyed the book challenge. thanks for inviting me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynda McKinney Lambert - Thanks for stopping by. Come again.
    Good to meet a fellow horse lover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abbie, I see what you mean by re-blogging. You simply put the link to my post on my blog on your blog. Duh! Guess I can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome, Glenda. Thank you for participating. As for re-blogging, Wordpress has a feature that allows you to automatically re-blog a post on your own blog. Since Blogger doesn't have this option, I copied and pasted the link to your post into my post. In any case, happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.