Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Coffee with the Poets and Writers in Hayesville, NC May 18

Few people in the rest of North Carolina know that in our far west region we have a writers' colony. Each month writers gather in Murphy, Hayesville, or in Blairsville, Georgia, for literary events. The first of the month we meet for Poetry Critique group and last week we had twelve seasoned poets at the table.




Deanna Klingel and Madonna Wise at Coffee with the Poets and Writers


Mary Ricketson reading at WNO
The second Friday evening of each month, we gather in Blairsville at the Union County Community building at the beautiful golf course for our Writers' Night Out. We can eat together and sit back and enjoy a professional writer for about twenty minutes and then the floor is open for anyone to come up and read a poem or a very short prose piece. This is a social time and we get to visit with our friends.

Next week, on Wednesday morning, May 18, we meet at Moss Library in Hayesville for Coffee with the Poets and Writers. We began this program back in 2007 and I am delighted that it has continued all these years.  We have had poets as old as 90 and we have had children read for us. 

Coffee with the Poets and Writers 

This is a friendly and welcoming time to munch on a cookie and have a cup of coffee, sit back and enjoy listening to original poetry or stories.
If you are within driving distance, come and visit with us. You are invited to share your own work at our Open Mic.  

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to gather with like-minded writers and share your work. I do wish I lived close enough to visit, but it would be a long trip from the Pacific Northwest. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.