Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Thrown away dog featured in our local newspaper


In 2002, I wrote the article below for the Clay County Progress, our weekly newspaper in Hayesville, NC. The beautiful dog in the picture was around six months old and had been abandoned. My husband Barry could not stand it. He had to go and rescue this cast-away. I have looked for the original picture of Rocky, the dog that became our sweet loving family member, but I can only find this article I cut from the newspaper. Rocky's story is one that will be in a book of stories about my dogs and the pets of my friend, Estelle Rice. I'll let you know when it is published.

1 comment:

  1. I really wonder about people who abandon animals. They are not toys but living, feeling creatures. Some of the best people I know are critters. Good story, BTW! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.