Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Happy Birthday, Estelle Rice

I had a birthday this  month and celebrated in the best way I can imagine.


My friend, Mary Mike and I hosted a lunch for our dear friend, Estelle Rice. Estelle is celebrating a big one, but we don't talk about numbers.

The group that gathered was just large enough and not too large to carry on some great conversations.
Some of Estelle's oldest writer friends attended, including Paul Donovan and Glenda Barrett. Paul read a cute piece that had us laughing at ourselves. Mary Mike read two poems by Estelle from her book, Quiet Times. 
Age has no bearing on following your passions and continuing with what you enjoy doing as long as you are healthy enough to pursue your goals. Estelle is still writing poems and revising short stories. She still works on her family history, the genealogy of her lines. And  most importantly, Estelle keeps smiling and stays positive even when her life is not as cheery as her voice. 
From left: Paul Donovan, Glenda Barrett, Estelle Rice, Glenda Beall,Carole Thompson, 
Mary Mike Keller, Staci Bell


3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Estelle! What a fun birthday party. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed celebrating a special birthday for such a special lady, our dear Estelle Rice. Hope you have many years more to gift us with your wonderful stories and your sweet presence. Love ya, Carole Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Estelle had a very Happy Birthday! I wish I had been able to attend the party. Estelle is a great poet and we all love her.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.