Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Senior Woman, Rose Madeline Mula

I want to introduce you to an author I think you will like. Her name is Rose Madeline Mula and she writes for Senior Women. I love her author page where she tells how one of her writings was stolen and posted and published all over without her name or her permission.

She is quite humorous and I think you will like her. Click here.

I was happy to find another author, an online friend for many years, Joan Cannon, on Facebook. She had a delightful blog and has a website She has moved back north to be near her family, and I think she has abandoned her blog. She is one of those senior women who write regularly for the Senior Women site. I enjoy all the wisdom I find there from Joan, Rose and many others. 

I sometimes think that older women in our society are not give the respect they deserve and have earned. They have lived and learned from living what younger people have yet to understand. I hope you will read some work on Senior Women and tell us what you find there and what you think.



2 comments:

  1. I just read your post and bookmarked the links you showed on Senior Women writings – I’ll read them this week-end (now have to go grocery shopping, etc.) I did see quickly on one of the links that The Girl with the Pearl Earring is at the Frick Collection in New York City. We went to that museum 2 or 3 years ago so we were not planning to go back there during our NYC visit in a couple of weeks, but now we will – so I am pleased I saw that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you saw that, VB. Thanks for stopping by and I'm sure you will enjoy the writing on Senior Women.
    That is a fine site.
    Have fun in NYC. I had an invitation to go the first weekend in December, but it sounded like an exhaustive trip so I had to decline. I know NYC must be wonderful decorated for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.