Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

September 29, Poets come together and read

On Saturday, September 29, poets around the world will gather and share their poetic thoughts on the state of our culture, our society and what changes we want to see take place.

This is not a political event. Anyone can read their work. There will be poems on peace, on the environment, on marriage, divorce, children, and so many other things we poets think about. The Open Mic begins at 2:00 p.m.

If you live in the south west part of NC or the north east part of Georgia, mark your calendar and come to the 100 Thousand Poets for Change to be held at Groves Enterprises, on highway 64, between Murphy and Hayesville, NC.
Look for signs.

Robert S. King of FutureCycle Press is hosting the event. Snacks and drinks will be available. Everyone is invited. Come and listen or come and share a poem or short prose piece.
Bring family and friends. There are over 700 events of this type being held on September 29. You will enjoy meeting other writers and poets, seeing old friends, and being a part of something that is becoming an annual happening in this country and around the world.
To help with planning, contact Robert King by email, rsking@futurecycle.org or Glenda Beall, nightwriter0302@yahoo.com and let us know you plan to be there and if you plan to read.


1 comment:

  1. Glenda, you did a great job writing up this announcement! Makes me want to be there! I do think it will be fun. Thanks for your help in setting it up.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.