Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Young Harris College Students and Heifer International

Young Harris College, right across the line from my home in North Carolina is a college I'd recommend for anyone who seeks higher education. They are now a four year school.

I receive newsletters and invitations to events there. I know people on staff and know the integrity of those people.
In a recent newsletter I read an article about ten students who went on an alternative spring break, not the kind that makes news on TV. These young people went to a farm in Arkansas and learned about something they had only heard about - real poverty. This program was part of Heifer International, a global nonprofit organization that strives to end poverty and hunger in a sustainable fashion.

Click on the link below and see what these students did and what they had to say about the experience. I am impressed with them and their school.

http://www.yhc.edu/pages/yhc.php?id=1943&utm_source=Mountain+Lines+April+2012&utm_campaign=Mountain+Lines+April+2012&utm_medium=email

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.