Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Monday, November 7, 2011

My Dog Rocky, will take any pet bed when he needs a nap.

You might think that if Rocky was too big to fit into his own bed, he would know that a smaller bed would be uncomfortable for him. But he thinks any bed any where is his.

Rocky is my shadow. Where I am he is close by. On a day when I was busy at my computer, I happened to look back and there under a card table, in Tiger the Cat's bed, Rocky decided to curl up and make himself at home. Throughout the afternoon, I watched him try to fit his 52 pounds into her 12 pound space. There were times when his upper body and head fit snugly inside, but his body hung out.


In the photo above, Smokie, the cutest of all pups, grabbed Rocky's bed before he could claim it. He appeared confused as he walked around and around waiting for her to vacate his premises. When it became obvious she had settled in for a long spell, he climbed in beside her. Sharing with the tiny Schnauzer is better than having no bed at all.

5 comments:

  1. This is a funny picture of Rocky trying to fit into the cat's bed! He's a sweet doggie, though, you can see that in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember any of the dogs we had when I was growing up ever having a bed of their own. They slept on the floor, and our Irish setter Clancy would have loved to sleep on the water bed with my parents if they let him, but he was content to sleep on the floor at my dad's side of the bed. When I woke up in the middle of the night and heard snoring coming from my parents' bedroom, I couldn't be sure if it was my dad or the dog.

    Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author of WE SHALL OVERCOME and HOW TO BUILD A BETTER MOUSETRAP: RECOLLECTIONS AND REFLECTIONS OF A FAMILY CAREGIVER
    http://abbiescorneroftheworld.blogspot.com
    http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our 80something pound Jake kept curling up in our 30something pound Maggie's bed, so we finally bought him one of his own - I don't know how he curls up and fits in it comforably, but he does - we have his larger bed under it, but most times he just stays curled in that little circle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never bought a bed for our dogs until Rocky. I had a poodle who lived for 19 years, and my bed was his bed. Then we had Samoyds who wanted to be outdoors in winter and slept on the cool floor of the shower in the summer time.
    I have learned however, that a crate trained puppy who has his own bed, is very easy to travel with. As long as Rock has his bed he is very happy no matter where the bed is placed. I put his bed in the crate and he goes right in and is quite content.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always found myself consistently spraying it with Lysol and other odor sprays to help with the smell. I started to do research and came across machine washable dog beds

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.