Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Basic Blogging Terms

Not everyone is familiar with blogging terms, even some of us who have blogs.


Below are a few basic words used in the blogging world that might prove helpful.

BLOGGING

• Weblog- An online dated diary listing your periodic thoughts on a specific topic, often in reverse chronological order.

• Blog - short form for weblog

• Blogging - the act of posting on blogs

• Blogger - a person who blogs

• Blogosphere - The internet blogging community



BLOG COMPONENTS AND FUNCTIONS

• Index page - the front page fo the blog

• Header - the topmost part of the blog usually listing the blog title.

• Footer - the most bottom part of the blog usually listing navigation and copyright statements

• Sidebar - One or more columns along one or both sides of most blogs main page

• Categories - A collection of topic specific posts

• Post, Entry- individual articles that make up a blog

• Comments - enabling readers to leave their remarks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.