Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Students are Inspired and Inspiring at Writers Circle Today


Today, Saturday, my dear friend and fellow writer, Estelle Rice, taught a class at Writers Circle, my studio in Hayesville, NC. All the students participated and seemed to enjoy each exercise Estelle gave them. It was obvious that she was well prepared for today.
Estelle has written some delightful short stories such as Antiques which appeared in Lights in the Mountains and her story, Chicken and Dumplings in Echoes Across the Blue Ridge.
A few years ago, she published a poetry chapbook, Quiet Times, filled with spiritual poems.
Like our other guest writers this summer, Estelle was inspired by the students. Some of them are experienced writers and some are beginners.

I am sure they all left today with new ideas that will end any writer's block or hesitation to put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard.
I can't wait to further explore the notes I scribbled on my legal pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.