Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

DECEMBER 5 - 11




This is one of my very favorite places on earth. I began taking classes there in 1995 and I've studied with many, many writers, authors and poets, over these fifteen years. Some of them are Julia Kate Howard, Darnell Arnoult, Steven Harvey, Vickie Hunt, Maureen Ryan Griffin, Ruth Zeufus, and , of course, Nancy Simpson, resident writer at JCCFS and editor of Echoes Across the Blue Ridge. Some other teachers I've had the opportunity to study with at JCCFS are past poet laureate of North Carolina, Kathryn Stripling Byer and poet, R.T. Smith. Google these names if you don't already know them.

Dr. Gene Hirsch, founder of the writing program at JCCFS is one of the instructors. His poetry classes are extremely interesting. Look for him at http://www.folkschool.org/ under instructors.

For those new students who register for classes within the next couple of months, click here to see how you can save $100 on tuition.

I will be teaching Writing Your Holiday Memories December 5 - 11, using as a text the anthology Christmas Presence edited by Celia Miles and Nancy Dillingham. We will go back in time to those special days and times you will never forget, the stories you heard from your parents about Christmas and special holidays around Christmas time.
December is an excellent time to come to the Folk School when the Keith House is decorated in old fashioned style and music is everywhere.
In our writing classes we often form friendships that last long after we leave the writing studio. I hope you will come and be a part of this writing class.
Get into the spirit before the holiday begins.

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite places too! I saw the special deal in their newsletter-that is a good price-I'm glad you're telling folks about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tipper. I want the world to know about JCCFS. The discount is fabulous and I hope many people will take advantage.
    I look forward to teaching there in December.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.