Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Why Not Pay the Writers? Question for Literary Magazines

http://www.fundsforwriters.com/FFW.htm

Read Hope's Newsletter. Do you agree with her article about literary magazines that don't pay the writers for the work used in the magazine?
Hope says they pay everyone else involved in publishing the product, why not pay the poets and writers?

2 comments:

  1. It certainly does not seem fair... but maybe that is the writer in me speaking.
    It does seem that we are less honored than some others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shen, thanks for your comment. Hope Clark said she has had lots of responses to her article. I think she will pursue this and I will follow with interest. Good luck with everything in your life.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.