Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

THE NEWS IS GOOD RIGHT NOW

Today has been terrific for me. First I opened an email from Helen Losse, editor of Dead Mule School of Southern Literature to find that four of my poems had been accepted for the June issue. I have not submitted many, hardly anything actually in the past year, and was overjoyed to find that all the poems I submitted were wanted by this fine online publication.

The next email I opened was from Scott Owens who told me his review of my poetry book, Now Might As Well Be Then, published by Finishing Line Press, is in the current issue of Wild Goose Poetry Review. I hurried to read it and found my review right under that of Anthony Abbot's new book.
Wow! I'm in good company there.
(Judy and Pat, JCCFS writing students)
Tonight I opened an email from a former student at John Campbell Folk School. Rebecca told me she had posted on the Folk School blog and had mentioned my name and my class. Just last week, I had been asked to guest post. Rebecca's post is just above mine. She wrote about her experiences in my class and how she met some good writing friends there.
I'm so happy Emolyn, who administers the JCCFS blog, is using this forum to help us promote the WRITING classes which are among the best.
Nancy Simpson invites excellent instructors for the faculty there and she receives more applications than can be placed each year.
Please go to http://www.folkschool.org/ and click on the blog page.

2 comments:

  1. Glenda:
    Congratulations upon all your poems being accepted, your book reviewed, and being a guest columnist for the Folk School. You are doing great. Keep up the great work.
    We missed you at Coffee With the Poets today, but hope you and your family are having a wonderful time in Florida. I wish we could all be there, too. It's raining and gloomy here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda, I did have a nice time on vacation. But the weather is great here today. I missed everyone at CWP and wish I could have been in two places at once.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.