Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

FROM ARTS NORTH CAROLINA

Turn the Tide



Over 1500 people will gather in Raleigh on Monday and Tuesday for the Institute for Emerging Issues Forum on Creativity. ARTS North Carolina, the North Carolina Arts Council, and the Department of Cultural Resources have all had a hand in the outcome.

It's your turn now. On Tuesday, there will be a powerhouse session led by Governor Jim Hunt entitled Graduating Creativity. Right this minute, go to this website, www.ncsu.edu/iei , and under the header click on "weigh in". Be heard. Let your passions, thoughts, questions, data, research, and keen knowledge help shape the course of this session.

You can also live stream the conference next week by logging on to http://www.emergingissues.org/. Be awed by the convening of thought and creativity that is North Carolina's future. Arts = Education = Creative Economy is our mantra, and you can be assured it will be uttered frequently next week.

Take action now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.