Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Monday, January 11, 2010

ECHOES ACROSS THE BLUE RIDGE


One of my creative nonfiction pieces, The Trillium, was accepted for the anthology, Echoes Across the Blue Ridge, Stories, Essays and Poems by Writers Living in and Inspired by the Southern Appalachian Mountains. The editor, Nancy Simpson, has worked for the past year collecting work from some of the best writers in western North Carolina. This book is dedicated to the North Georgia poet, Byron Herbert Reece and has an introduction by Robert Morgan.

3 comments:

  1. Glenda:

    I can hardly wait to see the anthology. I'm really looking forward to reading your work and the writing of everyone. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Brenda and Tipper,
    As we get closer and closer to the release of Echoes Across the Blue Ridge, I feel confident that anyone who reads it will enjoy this book because it has something for everyone - poems, essays, stories - humor, drama, pathos, and more. We will have a page on Netwest Writers for the book with all contributors listed. Brenda Kay, I know your work in the book is excellent as usual, and I look forward to reading your mom's work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you won't mind if I add a link to a post I wrote on Reece. I would like to get his name out there more.

    http://hempelsraven.blogspot.com/2010/07/intermission-great-novels-youve.html

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.