Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

New Technology - the struggle goes on

Technology - so much, so fast and who has the time to keep up with it all?
Tonight I learned that Google now offers a free website to anyone with a google E-mail address. I was invited to visit the site of Joan Hetzler which is not quite ready for public viewing, but I am impressed. She has a slide show of St. Simons Georgia with some of the most gorgeous photos I've seen.

With the soon to be released anthology of the NCWN West, Echoes Across the Blue Ridge, edited by Nancy Simpson, we need to have the option of ordering the book online. This will be another new part of online technology I will have to learn.

Like Joan I want to set up a website of my own in a few months. Perhaps the free Google site will be the thing I need to look into.
Have you set up a free website? Tell us about it, please, and share your knowledge with us.  Do you like it and was it easy to do?

1 comment:

  1. About five years ago I used the free kit offered by Lycos to set up my website. I found it user-friendly, that it offered a surprising variety of styles and layouts. The under $10 price for the annual right to the domain name seemed eminently reasonable.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.