Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Writing Class Meets for Brunch - and I'm invited

I want to thank my neighbor, friend and former writing student, Ginny, who prepared a fantastic brunch for her classmates and me at her house.
A group of five from a class I taught at Tri-County Community College, formed a bond that brings them together every couple of months to share their latest work, catch up on each other's news and eat a fine meal. Ash and his sweet wife, Liz, started the whole thing and each of them, Nadine, Vickie, and now Ginny have hosted the group. They are kind enough to invite me and I try to attend when I can. Sara will host us in December.
As their teacher, it thrills me to see them continuing with their writing, using the knowledge they learned in class and improving their work. I was asked when I would teach another class. Right now, I'm not quite ready. But these friends and classmates inspired me to continue with my plans to go back to work after the first of the year.
We should not lead a seedless life. If we have a talent, a skill, or if we can help others in any way, we can leave our mark for good in this world. We should not lead a seedless life, but we should plant those seeds so they can grow and flourish as I saw them flourishing in my students today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.