Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Echoes Across the Blue Ridge

I have to say tonight I am elated. Nancy Simpson sent out the acceptance letters today for the new NCWN West anthology, Echoes Across the Blue Ridge; Stories, Essays and Poems by Writers Living in or Inspired by the Southern Appalachians.

I love the title. The second part of it is the same as our first anthology, Lights in the Mountains. We have around 80 authors and poets in this book which will be larger than the first one.

Nancy worked hard, day and night she read, and lost sleep over what to include and what would not fit. She is proud of the final choices and I know this will be a fine book showcasing many of our Netwest members and non-members who live in this beautiful land of southern Appalachia.



I can't thank Nancy enough for her diligent work on this most important project for Netwest. Besides serving as a terrific venue for our writers to publish their best work, the sale of this book will insure that our writing organization will be able to hold workshops, conferences, pay writers who speak, pay expenses and keep registration fees for these events down to a reasonable price.



We have a number of volunteers who are helping to get this book together and we will recognize them in the book along with the many donors who helped raise the printing fees.



Now we need submissions from our Netwest area for the cover art.

If you live in the Netwest area of NC, SC or GA, send us a photo that you think will make a good cover. Our Cherokee County Representative Mary Ricketson submitted a photo for Lights in the Mountains and it was chosen. I hope to get some submissions in before long. Go to http://www.netwestwriters.blogspot.com/ for info on how to submit.

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome, Glenda. The acceptance letters and contracts were mailed out Wednesday 5-6-09 and low and behold the first CD and signed contract arrived in my mailbox this afternoon on 5-8-09, coming from Gerrie Wolfe Grady in Cherokee, NC.

    If everyone returns their CD copy and bio as quickly as Gerri, we'll be seeing the manuscript take form fast.

    Reading and choosing the stories, essays and poems was an amazing process. We have much talent in these mountains.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.