Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Our Pets

Rocky, the sweetest dog, we found while out walking one day. He is ten years old now and limps a bit after exercise. His muzzle has grayed and he sleeps more than plays. He begs and talks to us wanting just one more treat. How can we ignore those precious brown eyes?
We got a big laugh when Rocky decided to curl up in Tiger's little bed. He weighs around 55 pounds now and we had to replace his old bed as he outgrew it.
Seems he doesn't care whether it is large or small -- if it is a bed on the floor, he thinks it is his.


Barry always leaves Rocky the last bite of his sandwich. Rocky waits patiently, knowing it is coming.Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I looked at the picture before I read the text and wondered why his bed was so small! Very cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post about Rocky and the one about Tiger. I've already told the girls how Rocky talks-and of course they want to hear him now!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.