Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Sunsets and Cemeteries in South Georgia

South Georgia sunse t, Monday, February 16, 2009
Two of my nieces Lee and Lyn, standing in the family cemetery, a beautiful place overlooking a small lake. The giant oak tree twists and towers over this quiet area centered in the original 125 acres my father bought in 1942.
He chose this setting for his final resting place. It had some of the prettiest views of the farm. In his later years he was often seen sitting under one of the large oaks on this knoll with one of his beloved bulldogs by his side.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.