Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A creative writing prompt

From time to time I will post a writing prompt for my writing friends and former students who check in here.
Tonight's prompt:
Imagine you are taking a walk, all alone, at night. The street or road is quiet, no traffic, and the moon is the only light. Suddenly, ahead you see a figure walking toward you. It is someone familiar, but you have never met in person. This person can be from your childhood, your school years, or from your life as an adult.
You both stop and carry on a conversation. Write about this meeting.

Send me your writing on this prompt if you'd like and I'll post it with your photo on this site.
Send to writerlady21@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. Nice prompt! I immediately sensed danger - because I see the figure coming as a "shadow" and shadows are dark, so my brain flew with that dark feeling; even though I don't write that kind of "suspense" or "horror" or whatever genre, my brain often thinks that way (laugh!)...

    I should go write that out right now - and instead I keep thinking of the editing job I am supposed to go finish right now *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.