Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

CHRISTMAS PRESENCE MAKES GREAT GIFT


CHRISTMAS PRESENCE, a beautiful book of holiday stories, poems and essays written by 45 women writers, edited by Celia Miles and Nancy Dillingham, will be one of the gifts I give this year.


Many of the writers are my friends and members of NCWN and Netwest, but more than that, I've enjoyed everything I've read in this book.

Some of the titles of work: Grandpa and the Snow Snakes, Memories of Wartime Christmases, Jewish Christmas, Miss Bessie Mae and the Christmas Biker,
And the Animals Knelt, A Logging Camp Christmas, and so many more.

The Christmas Socks touched me deeply. It is a war time story by Sonja Contois.

I haven't read the entire book because I want to savor it and read a little every day throughout the holidays.

Local bookstores in western NC are carrying the book and it can be ordered from Catawba Publishing.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.