Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ottawa River Cruise in 2006

Glenda With

Captain Terry of St. Lawrence Cruise Line

October 10, 2006, on the Ottawa River in Canada, Barry took this photo of a beautiful schooner passing by.


This was one of my favorite vacations. Only 45 people on board a river boat and we stopped at interesting towns and cities along the river before going through several locks and then into the St. Lawrence Seaway.
We traveled for seven days on the water.


Scenery was beautiful. The people on the boat were fun to talk with. We had a couple of Brits, a few Americans but most were Canadians, the nicest folks I've ever met. The small crew met our every need. Meals served by attentive waitresses were tasty and plentiful.


I hope to do another river boat cruise next year. We want to try the Snake river this time in the far NW part of the U.S.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.