Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Write Your Memories into Family Stories


Write Your Memories into Family Stories
with Glenda Beall



Online with Zoom 
To register, contact the Institute of Continuing Learning
See the calendar for the winter session Here.
Tuesdays    1:30 pm – 3:30 pm      January 26 – March 2
 (6 Sessions - $20)

Remember: You must be registered for a class 5 days prior to the class starting in order for the ICL office to process your registration and invite you to the meeting

*******************************************
In this six week course, we will concentrate on our five senses
When our readers feel or smell something in our stories, it creates a deeper emotional feeling. As writers, we strive to create emotional responses with our words.

We use sight throughout our poems and prose, but if our readers hear what is happening or if they feel the object I hold in my hand, the image is clearer to them. 

My students often tell me how much they enjoy my classes in a classroom and online. I have found that when I have fun in class, I retain more of what was taught. I want to do that for those who attend my workshops. I usually lecture a bit and then my students read their work. We all give feedback so each person receives opinions of what we like, what we would like to know more about, and can ask questions of the writer. 

We are casual, comfortable, and easy-going so no one feels intimidated. My readers, wherever they live, can participate in the Zoom classes. 

When we write about our lives, we open our hearts and let others inside. Lasting friendships are often made in classes such as these.

So, after Christmas when life is back to whatever normal we have now, I will enjoy meeting beginning writers and those who are more experienced but still want to improve their craft. The classes are small. No more than five or six students.


Hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas season and if you don't celebrate the same holidays we have in the USA, celebrate yourself. Celebrate life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.