Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving during a pandemic

As Thanksgiving approaches here in the USA, Gay, Stu and I have decided to celebrate all week instead of one day. We will not wait until Thursday to make our turkey and dressing and Mother's banana pie. Each day we do something we enjoy.

I am surprised that we are so happy and having such a good time when the whole world is in pain. We have put politics off limits, no news to ruin our days. Someone will open their phone and see the headlines for the day and share anything new or important. Then we go on with what we like to do, smiling and feeling grateful for what we have, and reminiscing about good times in the past.

Stu will remember something he and Barry did or a funny anecdote Barry told or something they enjoyed together. We all loved him. We keep his memory alive and feel he is with us in spirit. At times Stu will say, "The only thing that would make this better is if Barry was sitting there beside you."

Glenda and Barry - last photo taken 

Throughout our lives we make memories. 
Hopefully most of them are good ones. In times like this it is good to bring back those memories of loved ones, special times together and words spoken. 

Growing up in a big family with a loving mother who enjoyed her children and wanted them near, we made lasting and special memories at home on Thanksgiving. Our big family meals surpassed any restaurant food, and Mother made sure we had the traditional dishes we loved. 

I hope my readers make good memories this year. 
Please be careful and don't take risks with your health and your life. We are skipping large family gatherings this year in hopes that next year we will still be here and can share another Thanksgiving gathering when life has some normalcy again.

I do believe that the world will be better by this time in 2021.
I am filled with hope that our country and the entire world will have learned a big lesson. Be sure to live your best life today. Think of others and what we can do to help those who are struggling. Be thankful every day for what we have, not just on Thanksgiving. I am grateful for the dear friends I have in the blogging world, the writers and poets in my life and of course, my family.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

6 comments:

  1. I too am grateful for all that I have and share with my loved ones. It will only be the two of us, but that's normal for us. Have a great Thanksgiving week, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The riches in your memory banks are certainly worth turning to - not only during challenging times but each and every day, and most certainly right for celebrating in thanks.
    I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DeJan, I am thankful that you and SG will be together and that his health is improving. Thanks for stopping in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EC, thanks for your good wishes. So far we are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glenda, I hope you have an enjoyable holiday this year. Thank you for sharing your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Abbie. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, too.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.