Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Monday, October 21, 2019

October is my month!


 My birthday is in October and I have been celebrating it for weeks now.
I was taken on a trip to Charleston for my birthday. I celebrated with old friends at lunch on Friday. Today I celebrated  more with family.

It has rained and I celebrate that!
Today I will share some photos with you.

My sister, Gay, dressed for dancing. She has always been a dancer but put that part of her life on hold for forty years. Now she dances  for an hour or two three times each week. 
She says her strength and endurance has improved tremendously and her enthusiasm for life beams from her face. 

This lovely lady is Estelle Rice, my friend and co-author of Paws, Claws, Hooves, Feathers and Fins. She has a birthday this month also. In the picture above we were celebrating her 90th. I look forward to our lunch together in the coming week.

 
This beautiful horse,a Percheron, huge, pulls carriages and works at the Middleton Place Plantation where I visited on my vacation in Charleston, SC. His color and his build reminded me of Daisy, the farm horse I rode when I was a child. Beautiful coat, and his feet are as big as my cast iron frying pan.
Gay and Stu at the only waterfront restaurant in Charleston, SC. We had delicious fried oysters and enjoyed seeing the cruise ships and boats.

Yes, this is a good October so far. I hope it is good for you, too.


6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday - and hooray for celebrating the whole month. A big hooray for celebrating with people who mean so much to you. Long may it continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, happy birthday month to you, and I thank you for the lovely pictures. So far it's been a good month, rainy but not too cold yet. I am enjoying myself, getting ready for my own birthday month in December. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sisters and nieces began celebrating our months instead of days some years ago. It makes it so much fun and gives us more opportunities to get together with those we love. Thanks, EC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DJan, I hope you celebrate all of December for yourself. My mother's birthday was on Dec. 23, so she never felt that she had much ado about it with Christmas so near. But we made her birthday special in her later years when we had a party for her and her sister who had the same birthday. And it has continued all these years even though she is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! I'm glad you had some good celebrations this year. Thank you for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Abbie,
    Thanks! Yes, I have had a good birthday this month. Glad you liked the photos.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.