Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Traveling gets harder as time goes by.

Traveling can be fun. It is difficult as we get older. Just as we get used to the time change, we have to head home again. 

Then wehave to acclimate ourselves to six or more hours time difference again. 
My solution. Stay on vacation for several weeks, maybe months, then come home and hibernate for a week to get over the trip.

2 comments:

  1. Well, that is ONE way to cope with jet lag, but I have found that using melatonin helps a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you as far as traveling is concerned. Even driving around the state can be taxing. The last time I took an extended vacation in a different time zone was about three years ago when my father and I flew from my hometown of Sheridan, Wyoming, to Jupiter, Florida, to visit my brother and his family. We stayed two weeks which I thought was too long. When we got back, instead of hibernating for a week, I had to jump right back into my job as a family caregiver and writer. To make matters worse, I woke up the day after my return trip with a cold. You can read a poem about my trip to Florida at http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com/2012/01/06/a-visit-to-the-atlantic-coast/.

    Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author of
    We Shall Overcome
    and
    How to Build a Better Mousetrap:
    Recollections and Reflections of a Family Caregiver
    http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.