Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Locally Made Movie showing in Asheville June 7th

For readers who live in Asheville or nearby, check out this award-winning movie filmed right here in Brasstown, NC with my friends, Tipper Pressley and her twin daughters. “Earlier this year the film won first place at an Appalachian Film Festival held in West Virginia. I hope it’s received as well in Asheville and beyond!” Tipper said on The Blind Pig and the Acorn.

If I Had Wings to Fly “is about a young man from a small mountain town in western north carolina who, through his singular desire to play music, ends up learning some things about community, culture, place, love and loneliness. It is a chapter of Felix's life that is frenetic and challenging, both joyful and thoughtful, in which he dances up and down the staircase that he is told leads up to maturity. It's a story about how saying "yes" to things (because you aren't afraid to, or because you have no other choice) isn't always easy but usually leads to enriching and meaningful experiences.”

There are none better than Applachian Folklore Blogger, Tipper Pressley and her musical daughters to enrich this movie with their talent and knowledge of mountain music.

What: The official premiere of Kazoo Films’ If I Had Wings to Fly
Where: The Fine Arts Theater in downtown Asheville, NC
When: Thursday, June 7th at 7pm (6:30 for music)
How Much: $8.75
Who: Directors Bruno Seraphin and Harrison Topp, Tipper Pressley, Chatter Pressley, Chitter Pressley, Tim Ryan, and live old-time musical guests, you!

Read more interesting accounts about the making of this film and see photos of some Folk School employees at  http://kazoofilms.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.