Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Can you write a novel in one month?

November begins the NANOWRIMO thing where writers are encouraged to write a 50,000 word novel in one month.

They say that all the writing is mostly junk, but the project  pressures you to keep your mind and your fingers moving to get the words and the ideas flowing. I have seen a number of writers on Facebook say they did it. And that is all you really get for your time and effort -- the right to say you finished a novel of 50,000 words in one month.

If any of my readers have done this, we'd love to hear from you. What is the experience like? Do you force yourself to write each day? Do you put your other writing on hold while you work on this novel? How do you feel about yourself when you finish?

Let us hear from you.
To learn more about it:
click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.