Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Adopt an Independent book store?

As some of you may know, our Independent Book Stores need our support during this economic depression. The big box stores are alive and well, but in our small towns we depend on the wonderful folks who run these small businesses and keep all the book lovers happy. We want to keep our Indy Book stores like Osondu Books in Waynesville, NC. Perhaps you live in a big city but can't get out to your big book store, or you live in a small town with no bookstore at all. Margaret of Osondu's sent out this request today in her newsletter.



Dear Readers:
... This week someone gave an idea that I think is worthy of consideration. He suggested that I find folks to adopt Osondu Booksellers as their independent book shop.

Do you have any friends or family who would adopt Osondu Booksellers as their local independent book shop? There are many areas in the country that do not have any indy book shops. If you know readers who may be interested you will receive a free book when they order their first book. I will offer discounts to folks who will need to have their books shipped.

Let's see how many free books you can get. I will give you one free for each friend who orders and adopts Osondu Booksellers.

Email me at
margaret@osondubooksellers.com if you have an interest in adopting us.

2 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful idea - and I didn't even know about that store! We lost all of the independents in our Eastern NC county.

    L. Diane Wolfe
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is wonderful, too, Diane. Pass the word to your friends and hopefully Osondu's will become adopted many times over.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.