Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Time With Loved Ones

The above photo was taken with Barry's family in 2006. We got together for Christmas at Norman's Landing in Cumming, GA. We missed that family party this year. Barry was ill and we could only stop for a few minutes to say hello as we drove on back to the mountains. We both missed this annual Christmas gathering.

My brother-in-law is a delightful Santa Claus who systematically gives out presents one at the time and we linger over gift openings, taking photos and enjoying each gift opened by either of the four of us. Neither couple has children, so the four of us, Gay, Stu, Barry and I, always spend Chistmas together. What a beautiful time we share with lots of love..
On Christmas Eve we attended their church where they sing in a large and excellent choir. This year seemed to be the most beautiful candle light service of all those we've been to at this church.
With the help of nieces and spouses we served a wonderful repast on Christmas night and enjoyed giving our gifts to "my favorite baseball player" who is eleven now. And he taught me how to play tennis on his Wii, which I had never seen before. Now I want my own Wii. They aren't just for kids. I was amazed when my tennis skills came back to me after all these many years. It was thrilling to play a sport I once enjoyed when I was young. But on the Wii, my quickness on my feet was not important. My eye hand coordination was sharper than I would have expected. It was lots of fun.


2 comments:

  1. Glenda,

    I`m sorry that you missed Christmas with the family because Barry was ill. I do hope he is feeling better.

    A great photo of Santa and I like to give out and open gifts one at a time as well. Seems everyone wants to rush through them. Christmas is about love of family, not gifts and it saddens me that so many think of it as "what did I get?"

    Wishing you and yours a very Happy New year filled with abundant blessings, love, laughter and good health.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    Yes, Barry is much better now. He had a couple of tough days over Christmas, though.
    Blessings to you and yours this new year. I can't believe it is 2009. The years fly by too fast.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.