Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

An Early Birthday party


A joint birthday party was planned for me and our good friend Dick today. But, as you can see, I ended up with the cake and Dick was at home with his sick wife.
The party was brought to me by Gay and Stu and it was the first time ever that I've had guests at my house who left the house cleaner than when they came. I was not to lift my hand for anything today and I didn't. Everything was provided from food to snacks and this beautiful, delicious cake. Now that is LOVE.
Gay even made dinner for us and left it with us.
Best of all we laughed, we reminesced and talked of all the things we had to be thankful for. We made memories - good memories.

3 comments:

  1. A BIG HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tipper. I had a great day today, which is my "real birthday."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Glenda, Happy Birthday to you. The cake looks yummy.

    Nancy Simpson

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.