Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mother's brother Rudolph Robison

My mother, Lois Robison, grew up in a loving and gentle family. She spoke of all her siblings with love and respect. She had a special love for her brother, Rudolph, and who wouldn't love him? He had a quiet smile and a trinkle in his eyes. Both my parents praised him for his triftiness, his kindness to others and his love of family. Daddy was not a big fan of some of Mother's family, but he did like Rudy.

I liked him, too. He called Gay and me "Peejinks" and I never knew where that came from, but it was an endearing nickname. He also slipped us a nickel or a dime once in a while. That made him even more special in our eyes. He worked for Georgia Power and I think he had money in his pockets all the time. Unlike my poor father who poured his profits back into the ground each spring.

Most of our uncles teased us a bit, but Uncle Rudolph's teasing was always appreciated because we could tell he did it with love. His only daughter loved him with all her heart and she was his heart.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I was always jealous of her. Caroline had this close relationship with her father that I'd love to have with mine, but it never happened.

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Rudy sounds like he was a real good guy. Its nice to have relatives like that. Not the kind who tease you so bad you hate to see them coming.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.