Words from a Reader

The “Writing Life Stories” e-mails I receive are such treasures. As soon as I see there is one in my inbox, I read it immediately. I look forward to them and never know how they will touch me. They can be interesting, informative, humorous, and/or touching.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Genealogy

Why are we fascinated by genealogy? Why do we become addicted to finding someone from our long lost lineage? The missing father of John Cecil Council frustrates us like a 500 word puzzle with a missing piece right in the center. How did that Council man disappear into thin air?
Some say he left North Carolina under a dark cloud. Does that mean he was wanted by the law? Was he in trouble for seeing a married woman? Did he get involved in a fight, was someone killed?
Any one of these things would make a great story if we only knew his name.
If you are embarking on the journey to find the father of John Cecil Council from Wakulla County, FL, I wish you well and hope you will someday share your findings with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, and I love reading what you say.